warnings about invalid "search_path"

From: Samba <saasira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: warnings about invalid "search_path"
Date: 2012-08-07 10:55:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm seeing some weired errors in the postgres logs after upgrading to
postgres-9.1(.3) about the schema added by default to search patch

WARNING: invalid value for parameter "search_path": "system_data"
DETAIL: schema "system_data" does not exist

We do have a user named "system_data" and a schema with the same name...

Apart from these warning messages, there is not other problem about it and
we are actually able to access any of the tables, sequences, indexes, etc
from that schema with out explicitly prefixing the schema name to those
relations.

I searched postgres mailing list archives for a solution to this problem
but the only discussion that i found matching my problem is
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/invalid-search-path-complaints-td5615554.html

Could anyone suggest what could be wrong with my setup and how to get past
it?

Thanks and Regards,
Samba