Re: warnings about invalid "search_path"

From: Samba <saasira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gabriele Bartolini <Gabriele(dot)Bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: warnings about invalid "search_path"
Date: 2012-08-07 13:15:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Gabriele for those pointers,

I could now narrow it down to two things:

1. "system_data" user logging into other databases [one of those may be
the default 'postgres'] which does not have "system_data" schema
2. other users [like 'postgres'] logging into their own or even other
databases which does not have "system_data" schema.

I did notice that we have added "system_data" schema to a few other users
[roles] who are also supposed to login to the database containing
"system_data" schema and that is causing this side-effect of logging these
warning messages when users who have "system_data" in the search_path log
into other databases that do not have "system_data" schema.

So, what i understand is needed for me is "how to add a schema (or multiple
schemas) in the search path for a database irrespective of whichever user
logs in to the database?"

Could you explain how to add "schema(s) into search_path for a database
irrespective of the user logging-in?

Thanks and Regards,
Samba