Re: FDW does not push down LIMIT & ORDER BY with sharding (partitions)

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Gert van Dijk <gertvdijk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FDW does not push down LIMIT & ORDER BY with sharding (partitions)
Date: 2019-07-10 09:52:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 21:39, Gert van Dijk <gertvdijk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Would you like me to report it elsewhere now? And what would have been
> the right place? -general, -performance, -hackers, ...?

I think you've done the right thing so far. If you thought it was a
bug then this is the right place to report that.

-hackers would be the right place for you to start a thread if you
were planning on working on the feature yourself. It's not really a
place to go to make feature requests. In any case, Fujita-san already
mentioned that he'd like to work on it for v13, so another thread
anywhere is unlikely to be useful until there's something further to
discuss.