Re: BUG #15573: Need more clarification in Json

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "amselvakumaran(at)gmail(dot)com" <amselvakumaran(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15573: Need more clarification in Json
Date: 2019-01-04 04:06:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thursday, January 3, 2019, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 15573
> Logged by: selva kumaran

Please don’t use the bug reporting list for basic user questions.

Right now the issue is my business user needs only the particular column
> which have changed from old to new not the whole json record.
> i.e i need a select query to find the difference between two json columns(
> v_old_data and v_new_data ).

Apply json_each_text to both values, full join on the keys, and filter out
pairs with matching values?

David J.