Re: tracking scripts...

From: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: "John R Pierce *EXTERN*" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tracking scripts...
Date: 2013-11-27 09:39:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm not an expert,
I would think if you can spare using only one transaction , it would be
way way faster to do it !

the system simply could skip keeping log to be ready to roll back for a 1
billion row update !

Of course it would be preferable to use psql to execute statement by
statement as separate transactions , and do it with X several parallel psql
(splitting the big text file into X parts), yet Joey seemed reluctant to
use console =)

Cheers,
Rémi-C