Re: Hard upgrade (everything)

From: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: alexandros_e <alexandros(dot)ef(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hard upgrade (everything)
Date: 2014-02-06 09:07:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On my private computer I upgraded first the postgres to 9.3, then upgraded
postgis.
Sadly according to
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS ,
postgis 1.5 is not compatible with postgres 9.3.
However POstgis 2.1 is compatible with you current postgres option.
So as suggested you can upgrade postgis (see hard/soft upgrade), the
upgrade postgres.
By the way postgis is very easy to compil with ubuntu (use package system
to get dependecies, then simply sudo ./autogen.sh, sudo ./configure, make ,
sudo make install)
Cheers,
Remi-C