partitoning expert : Partitonning with specialization of one column type

From: Rémi Cura <remi(dot)cura(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: partitoning expert : Partitonning with specialization of one column type
Date: 2015-04-01 13:40:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey, postgres 9.3 here.
for partitionning expert.

I have several table child with columns (gid serial, patch pcpatch(n))
where n may change depending on the tables, and pcpatch is a type from
pgpointcloud extension
(here is the definition)
-----
CREATE TYPE pcpatch
(INPUT=pcpatch_in,
OUTPUT=pcpatch_out,
RECEIVE=-,
SEND=-,
TYPMOD_IN=pc_typmod_in,
TYPMOD_OUT=pc_typmod_out,
ANALYZE=-,
CATEGORY='U', DEFAULT='',
INTERNALLENGTH=-1, ALIGNMENT=int4, STORAGE=MAIN);
-----

The question is, how do I create an inheritance scheme?

If the father table is

CREATE TABLE father(
gid serial,
patch pcpatch
) ;

trying to put child_1, child_2 ... to inherit father raise an error

----
child table "test_child_1" has different type for column "patch"
----

So my question is, how would it be possible (if at all) to inherit of
father table, while specializing the type of father table in child table?

Thanks,
Cheers,
Rémi-C