Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch
Date: 2017-01-27 22:48:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 5:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> >> It might make sense to proceed by writing a separate patch that just
> >> refactors the existing code to have an API like that, and then revise
> >> this patch to add an error message field to the per-line struct. Or
> >> maybe that's just extra work, not sure.
>
> > Here I attached tokenize_file refactor patch to return single linked list
> > that contains a structure and rebased pg_hba_rules patch on top it
> > by adding an error message to that structure to hold the errors occurred
> > during tokenization..
>
> I pushed the first patch with some revisions. You had the TokenizedLine
> struct containing something that was still a three-level-nesting list,
> whereas it only needs to be two levels, and you hadn't updated any of
> the comments that the patch falsified. Also, I figured we might as well
> pass the TokenizedLine struct as-is to parse_hba_line and
> parse_ident_line, because that was going to be the next step anyway
> so they could pass back error messages.

sorry for missing to update comments. I also thought of reducing the list
level after sending the patch.

Off to look at the second patch ...

Used TokenizeLine->err_msg variable only to return the error message
from parse_hba_line.

Attached a rebased patch on the latest master hopefully.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_hba_rules_14.patch application/octet-stream 45.6 KB