BUG IN PGAdmin 4 using AVG function

From: WrongFeiHung <ragain1327(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG IN PGAdmin 4 using AVG function
Date: 2019-08-09 22:02:17
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-bugs

Good afternoon

I have been working with PGAdmin 4 with no issues, as it is a great user
interface.

The issue I am having has to do with the AVG function when using PGAdmin 4.

The query I am using is:

SELECT AVG(salary) FROM employees;

Using PGAdmin 4, the result returned is 4000000000, or 4 BILLION!

Using SQL Shell (psql), the result returned is 91571.594000000000, which is
correct.

If I unnecessarily change the query to read:

SELECT ROUND(AVG(salary)) FROM employees;

This causes the correct result, which was the same result calculated by
psql.

I am including the mock_data.sql file of the tables and data used, which is
identical to the original used in Udemy course Master SQL for Data Science.

Apologies if the format is out of the ordinary, this is my first bug
report, however I think it is something that definitely needs brought to
your attention.

Thank you,
James Ragain
SQL Data Analyst
ragain1327(at)gmail(dot)com
432-557-4148

Attachment Content-Type Size
mock-data.sql application/octet-stream 119.6 KB