Re: Dynamic configuration via LDAP in postmaster

From: Vasily Soshnikov <dedok(dot)mad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dynamic configuration via LDAP in postmaster
Date: 2013-12-03 18:21:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you for the advice, nowadays we(company where I work) use such scheme
but that scheme is not always useful at the stage of development of the
back-end infrastructure. Also we have found a better solution : have ldap
for dynamic configuraion out of the box.

So question is following: if you got such task, where do you put ldap
functionality inside postgres daemon?

PS I have read the basics of ideology Posgresql and I know why you guys
make main server tiny in functionality and this is great, but we would like
to have more complex solution.
This feature may be useful not only for me and my company.

--

*Regard,Soshnikov Vasily mailto:dedok(dot)mad(at)gmail(dot)com <dedok(dot)mad(at)gmail(dot)com>*