Re: CREATE USER

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE USER
Date: 2011-12-10 03:36:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> I just notice that when you create a user using CREATE USER and give
>> the user the ability to create other users it gets created as
>> SUPERUSER.
>
> Are you talking about the CREATEUSER option?  That is documented, quite
> clearly I think:

yes, i was. and it's seems you're right is documented... obviously i
was looking at the wrong place

> The only way we could really make this any better is to remove these
> keywords, which might be something to consider.  The preferred SUPERUSER
> spelling has been accepted since 8.1 ... is that long enough to ensure
> everyone's converted their client-side tools?  Probably not :-(

6 years since enough for me... actually i have been around even before
that and didn't remember that.
even if you think is not worth remove these, even a WARNING should be good

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación