how to implement selectivity injection in postgresql

From: Rajmohan C <csrajmohan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to implement selectivity injection in postgresql
Date: 2014-08-13 16:33:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

SELECT c1, c2, c3, FROM T1, T2, T3
WHERE T1.x = T2.x AND
T2.y=T3.y AND
T1.x >= ? selectivity 0.00001 AND
T2.y > ? selectivity 0.5 AND
T3.z = ? selectivity 0.2 AND
T3.w = ?

I need to implement Selectivity injection as shown in above query in
PostgreSQL by which we can inject selectivity of each predicate or at least
selectivity at relation level directly as part of query. Is there any
on-going work on this front? If there is no ongoing work on this, How
should I start implementing this feature?