Re: oid int issue with CachedRowSet upgrading from JDBC 8.4 to 9.1

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: otran <otran(at)switchfly(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: oid int issue with CachedRowSet upgrading from JDBC 8.4 to 9.1
Date: 2012-03-28 21:16:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:
> Owen,
>
> So did I miss something ? You said that your OID's were larger than an
> int didn't you ?
>
> If so even if the signature of the method is correct how do you expect
> it to work ?
>
> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca

For anyone interested, I think the issue was that while OIDs are
32-bit entities, they are unsigned, so they could not be treated as
Java (signed) ints beyond 2^31-1.

The nature of Kris' patch [1] seems to support that.

[1]: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/commit/4d60ea616eff61262721176db6e77819a23f6dc2

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com