Re: Behavior of the "Explain query" button with multiple queries in the window

From: Nicolas Anonyme <pathogenyx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Behavior of the "Explain query" button with multiple queries in the window
Date: 2014-07-23 08:17:39
Lists: pgadmin-support

> Though I wonder what your colleague expects launching an EXPLAIN on a number of
> queries? we won't draw all query plans, that has not much sense to me.

He usually uses the feature with only one query at a time and he
didn't give a second thought.

But to my surprise, he admitted he (ab)uses the "explain" more often
as a syntax checker, than to check the query plan ... I know ...

But that doesn't change the root intuitiveness problem, does it ? :)

--
Nyx