Re: Pg 9.1: Do I need to run vacuum analyze instead vacuum full?

From: Anthony Bull <antsbull(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg 9.1: Do I need to run vacuum analyze instead vacuum full?
Date: 2012-07-24 23:43:54
Lists: pgsql-general

We found the auto vacuum would always kick in during our daily data loads
in the mornings and completely bottle neck our system, and in the end had
to turn it off and schedule our own vacuum analyze over the weekend each
week using crontab. We do a couple of gigs of inserts a week into our
postgres db - and having control of when vacuuming happens is pretty
important, as our system is online 24 hours to both northern and southern
hemispheres.