Re: Initdb fails on openwrt in "creating template1 database"

From: Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Initdb fails on openwrt in "creating template1 database"
Date: 2012-01-08 23:01:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

> Do you have more than one device mounted and if so are you sure you are working
> on the right one?

As often, the problem turned out to be a simple one.
With OpenWRT, /var is just a symlink to /tmp - which itself is located
on a ramdisk.

After moving the data-directory to /postgresql, everything worked as
expected (however made auto-vacuum less agressive to reduce writes to
the usb flash drive).
So I have now a perfectly fine working postgresql instance running on
a 35$ wlan router :)

Thanks for working on this great piece of software, Clemens