Re: : Create table taking time

From: Venkat Balaji <venkat(dot)balaji(at)verse(dot)in>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PGSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: : Create table taking time
Date: 2011-09-30 05:22:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

I did not calculate the IO behavior of the server.

What i noticed for the logs is that, the checkpoints are occurring too
frequently each checkpoint is taking up to minimum 80 - 200+ seconds to
complete write and checkpoint sync is taking 80 - 200+ seconds to sync,
which is i believe IO intensive.

Thanks
VB