printing table in asciidoc with psql

From: Szymon Guz <mabewlun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: printing table in asciidoc with psql
Date: 2014-09-16 19:52:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I've been working a little bit on a patch for printing tables in asciidoc
with psql.

It's not finished yet, I'm not sure it there is any sense in supporting
border types etc. The code is not cleared so far, but any remarks on the
style not playing well with the normal postgres style of code are welcomed.

The code just works. With extended and normal modes. With table columns
made of funny characters, with alignment of data in table cells. I was
trying to implement it similar to the html export function, however
escaping of the strings was much easier, as the normal html-way
substitution is not easy to implement in asciidoc.

I'd like to ask you for any advices for this code.

thanks,
Szymon

Attachment Content-Type Size
asciidoc.1.patch text/x-diff 6.1 KB