Disallow access from psql, or allow access only from specific client app

From: Mario Puntin <mariomop(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Disallow access from psql, or allow access only from specific client app
Date: 2011-07-24 21:36:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody:
I searched the web trying to find an answer to this, but found none. I have
a postgresql server and a database, and I granted access to some users.
However I want them to access the data only through some specific client
application. I do not want them to have access through psql or some other
kind of client app. But, as I created them a user/pass they could use them.
What would you do?
Thanks in advance.