Re: List of issues with 4.5 that need to be fixed

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Rossiter, Russell D(dot)" <Russell(dot)D(dot)Rossiter(at)ssa(dot)gov>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List of issues with 4.5 that need to be fixed
Date: 2019-04-11 15:01:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 at 09:31, Rossiter, Russell D. <
Russell(dot)D(dot)Rossiter(at)ssa(dot)gov> wrote:

> To PSQL-Bugs,
>

> Please fix the following:
>

> 1) If you have lots of login roles, the query to retrieve the login
> role DDL hangs, and never comes back. (I have 800 login roles)
>

> [image: cid:image002(dot)png(at)01D4F03D(dot)CAC6BB40]
>

> 2) selecting (for copy/paste, etc…) in the Tools->Query Tool cannot
> copy/paste.
>

> 3) Also, Need a comparison tool to compare
> objects/schemas/tables/databases and have fixit scripts.

Something seems very confused here.

To my knowledge, there is no knowledge available about any versions between
2.0B and 6.1. Git records no version tags between them.

Version 6.3 (newer than that) hasn't been supported since 2003, and there
are teenagers now that weren't born then. I'm not quite sure whether they
were using SQL at the time either.

I don't remember anything about a version 4.5. Perhaps that was a release
of Ingres?

> *Russell D. Rossiter*
>
> DCS/OSE/OSA/DDBS/DBAB
>
> Telework Day - Monday & Tuesday
>
> 410-966-0069 - Office
>
> 609-221-2376 - iPhone & ADS number
>
> Email: russell(dot)d(dot)rossiter(at)ssa(dot)gov
>
> IM: Skype for Business
>

> [image: SSA Logo]
>

> *Notice of Confidentiality:*
>

> This electronic mail transmission is privileged and confidential and is
> intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. Any
> unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or taking of action in
> reliance on the contents of the information is prohibited. If you have
> received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply
> transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.
> Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of any privilege.

You'll probably find that a lot of people choose to ignore messages
containing spurious claims of confidentiality on a public mailing list;
might want to look into whether that can get removed.