Re: EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.2 Supported Platforms

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ricky Wong <Ricky(dot)Wong(at)isobar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.2 Supported Platforms
Date: 2012-10-16 15:05:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Ricky Wong <Ricky(dot)Wong(at)isobar(dot)com> wrote:

> EnterpriseDB team,****
>
> ** **
>
> I was wondering which Linux OS (i.e. CentOS) the Advanced Server 8.2
> supports.****
>
> ** **
>
> I was able to found Documentation for 8.3 (but not 8.2):****
>
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/8.3/server/supported-platforms.html***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> Wonder if you can provide reference for 8.2 (similar to the URL above).
> Thank you.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Regards,****
>
> ** **
>
> *Ricky Wong *| System Analyst | Isobar Hong Kong****
>
> t. + 852 3962 4431 | f. + 852 3962 4567 | m. + 852 6194 5151 | e.
> ricky(dot)wong(at)isobar(dot)com****
>
> ** **
>
> 16/F | 633 King's Road | North Point | Hong Kong | w. http://www.isobar.hk
> ****
>
> (Learn about our global network at http://www.isobar.com)****
>
> ** **
>
> [image: logo1]****
>
> *Campaign **Asia Pacific Digital Agency of the Year 2011*
>
> ** **
>
> Follow us at http://www.twitter.com/isobar &
> http://www.twitter.com/isobarHK****
>
> Become a fan at http://www.facebook.com/isobar****
>
> ** **
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in the email may be private and
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have otherwise
> received this email in error, please delete the email and inform the sender
> as soon as possible. This email may not be disclosed, used or copied by
> anyone other than the intended recipient(s). Any opinions, statements or
> comments contained in this email are not necessarily those of the company.
> If you wish clarification of any matter, please request confirmation in
> writing. We take precautions to minimise the risk of this email containing
> a software virus but you should use virus checking software.****
>
> ** **
>
> *Please consider the environment before printing this email*
>
> ** **

This seems like something you should contact EnterpriseDB about, as opposed
to the PostgreSQL project's mailing lists.

Pointedly, this is not remotely close to being "a bug."

Supposing EnterpriseDB doesn't support a particular Linux distribution you
wish to use, that might be something you'd want to complain about, to them,
but it doesn't seem to represent a problem with the PostgreSQL code base
that requires rectifying.