Re: Cannot DROP while process running

From: Steve Horn <steve(at)stevehorn(dot)cc>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot DROP while process running
Date: 2012-04-09 21:07:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

I ran this command:
select pg_class.relname,pg_locks.* from pg_class,pg_locks where
pg_class.relfilenode=pg_locks.relation;

and it appears that almost every table in my database has
""AccessShareLock". I have read that those locks are placed on tables for
SELECT access.

There should be no queries actively accessing the other tables in that
database (this database is in development only). A second question would
be, can I clear those locks?

--
Steve Horn