Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?

From: Bogdan Mart <mart(dot)bogdan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?
Date: 2023-10-06 19:50:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2008-06-02 18:33:42 Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> > Xin Wang napsal(a):
> >> Hi,
> >> I don't know where I can find the doxyfile which generate
> >> "doxygen.postgresql.org" web site. I found that when reading code the
> >> doxygen source code is quite helpful. However, I want to generate an
> >> off-line copy of doxygen docs myself, but I can't find the doxyfile in
> >> the lastest source release.
> >
> > I think it is good idea. Stefan, what's about put it on the wiki?
>
> don't think the wiki is a good place (we would have to maintain it in
> addition to the main file) so I simply added a link on
> http:/doxygen.postgresql.org that contains the current copy of the
> configuration file that was used to generate a particular set of docs.
> However some of the things there are specific to our install so a bit
> (like some of the paths) of manual change will be required anyway.

Hello, sorry for resurrecting this old discussion, and necroposting,
but this was relevant.

It turns out that way back in 2008 it was possible to download Doxyfile
from https://doxygen.postgresql.org/ , which can be seen at:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080915132924/https://doxygen.postgresql.org/

I was able to download this Doxyfile from the web archive, and it actually
worked for me, after I changed the path to postgres sources and removed
header template. It even produced same result as on current web-site.

It would be nice if this doxygen file would be placed somewhere
on the current site.

P.S. I've tried to run doxygen on postgres sources without config,
and it didn't find any source file, this archived thread helped.

Perhaps doxygen file can be just placed into postgres git repository?

Best regards,
Bohdan Mart.