Re: Setting up HA postgresql

From: William Dunn <dunnwjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Aviel Buskila <aviel33(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setting up HA postgresql
Date: 2015-07-21 20:37:48
Lists: pgsql-general

But it appears that the fail condition for "watchdog" is the failure of a
pgpool-II instance. In the configuration described in the wiki you would
put a pgpool-II instance on each Postgres node, and if one of the pgpool-II
instances fails it executes a script (which can create the trigger file to
promote the standby to master). However, if the fail condition for watchdog
is a failure of the pgpool-II instance what happens if the DBMS has
availability issues but the pgpool-II process on that server is ok? The
fail condition would never be triggered, right?

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*