Re: select on bytea column returns hex encoded data instead of binary data

From: Ganesh Borse <bganesh05(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "ktm(at)rice(dot)edu" <ktm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select on bytea column returns hex encoded data instead of binary data
Date: 2012-02-23 01:48:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Thanks for this guidance.

Incidentally this same code (as-is) works well (i.e. fetches the binary
data as binary data) with few other different databases like DB2, Oracle,
MS-SQL, MYSQL, Sqlite2, Access.

Can this be an issue with Postgresql's ODBC driver? Is there a different
forum for PGSQL's ODBC driver?

Or, does postgresql databases does not directly give binary data with query
like "select binarycolumn from table" ? Do we need to convert this to
binary type while selecting?

Best Regards,
Ganesh