Request for help on selecting bytea columns using ODBC (windows) from Postgresql DB

From: Ganesh Borse <bganesh05(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Request for help on selecting bytea columns using ODBC (windows) from Postgresql DB
Date: 2012-02-20 07:10:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am new to postgresql.

I've an application which displays the various binary files (like jpgs,
xls, zips) stored in PostgrelSQL DB in bytea column.

I inserted these files in bytea column in a table using hex encoding.

But, when I try to access this column by executing (SQLExec) the query
"select * from tablename;" from ODBC on Windows, the buffer contains the
same hex encoded data.

I am using SQL_C_BINARY data type for SQLBindCol() function.

Can you please help me know, how can I retrieve the data stored in bytea
columns in binary format?

Thanks in advance for help and guidance.

Best Regards,
Ganesh