Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data
Date: 2018-11-02 01:29:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:07 PM Andrew Gierth
<andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk> wrote:
> Paul> Hi Andrew,
> Paul> Bingo, set enable_parallel_hash=false; gets a correct result
> Paul> whereas set enable_parallel_hash=true; gets 0.
>
> Paul> Yes I might have reversed some of the explains, my excuse its
> Paul> Friday and I went to bed late and am burnt out today :-)
>
> Are all the values of the my_citext column actually null?

Thanks for the report Paul and the analysis Andrew. Discussed with
Andrew a bit on IRC. Summary: multi-batch left joins are not handling
NULLs correctly in the left table when partitioning. Looking into
this now.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com