Question about aborting

From: Durumdara <durumdara(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about aborting
Date: 2011-07-06 14:09:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dear Author!

I need to know that which ways I have to abort a runaway query/stored procedure.

As I saw, pgAdmin CAN abourt my own queries.
It is ok.

But what's happens when:
- somebody (not me) started a query that have too less filter, and
becomes unlimited
- I started a query or stored proc what is buggy, and gets into
infinitive state because of wrong loops, but the TCP socket
disconnected by a failure, or wifi problem, so my session killed by
the server

As I saw, pgAdmin have a monitoring tool which show me these queries.

But have some tool in the pgAdmin with I can abort these runaway statements?

Thanks for your help:
dd