PG_XLOG 27028 files running out of space

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG_XLOG 27028 files running out of space
Date: 2013-02-14 10:49:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

My postgres db ran out of space. I have 27028 files in the pg_xlog
directory. I'm unclear what happened this has been running flawless for
years. I do have archiving turned on and run an archive command every 10
minutes.

I'm not sure how to go about cleaning this up, I got the DB back up, but
I've only got 6gb free on this drive and it's going to blow up, if I can't
relieve some of the stress from this directory over 220gb.

What are my options?

Thanks

Postgres 9.1.6
slon 2.1.2