Re: CREATE POLICY bug ?

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrea Adami <fol(at)fulcro(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE POLICY bug ?
Date: 2016-08-20 14:01:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 20 August 2016 at 03:15, Andrea Adami <fol(at)fulcro(dot)net> wrote:
> when i run the query: "select * from public.policy_view"
> the ouput is the same (all rows) for all users
> i'm doing some mistakes or this is a bug ?

No, it looks correct to me. When going through a view, the policies
and permission checks that apply are those that would apply to the
view's owner, which in this case is postgres, so no policies are
applied.

Or, quoting from the notes in the CREATE POLICY documentation:

As with normal queries and views, permission checks and policies for
the tables which are referenced by a view will use the view owner's
rights and any policies which apply to the view owner.

Regards,
Dean