Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1...

From: Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Віталій Тимчишин <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade question, going from 8.3 to 9.1...
Date: 2012-02-16 21:00:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

So, the driver issue was only in dealing with UNICODE issues? Is it true
that if we are always set with UNICODE client_encoding we should be fine?
(Or, another way to put it, we have already tested connection from the
existing java apps using the 8.3 driver to the new 9.1 database test
instance, and they worked 'just fine' for initial queries... is that where
this problem would manifest itself? Only in connecting?) Or was there
something else I missed in that thread?