Question: CREATE EXTENSION and create schema permission?

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question: CREATE EXTENSION and create schema permission?
Date: 2011-08-21 06:42:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

CreateExtension() possibly creates a new schema when the supplied
extension was not relocatable and the target schema was given by
control file of the extension.
However, it allows users to create a new schema with his ownership,
even if current user does not have permission to create a new schema.

Oid extowner = GetUserId();
:
else if (control->schema != NULL)
{
/*
* The extension is not relocatable and the author gave us a schema
* for it. We create the schema here if it does not already exist.
*/
schemaName = control->schema;
schemaOid = get_namespace_oid(schemaName, true);

if (schemaOid == InvalidOid)
{
schemaOid = NamespaceCreate(schemaName, extowner);
/* Advance cmd counter to make the namespace visible */
CommandCounterIncrement();
}
}

It seems to me that we should inject permission checks here like as
CreateSchemaCommand() doing.

/*
* To create a schema, must have schema-create privilege on the current
* database and must be able to become the target role (this does not
* imply that the target role itself must have create-schema privilege).
* The latter provision guards against "giveaway" attacks. Note that a
* superuser will always have both of these privileges a fortiori.
*/
aclresult = pg_database_aclcheck(MyDatabaseId, saved_uid, ACL_CREATE);
if (aclresult != ACLCHECK_OK)
aclcheck_error(aclresult, ACL_KIND_DATABASE,
get_database_name(MyDatabaseId));

I didn't follow the discussion about extension so much when it got merged.
Please tell me, if it was a topic already discussed before.

Thanks,