wide row insert via Postgres jdbc driver

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General Discussion Forum <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: wide row insert via Postgres jdbc driver
Date: 2014-09-23 05:24:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am working with a vendor and planning to deploy their application on
PostgreSQL as backend. They have cautioned the customer that PostgreSQL's
jdbc driver v9.1 (build 900) has issues which causes deadlocks while "wide
record inserts".

Is there any such known problem which anyone else has encountered in this
regards? Has there been any improvements in future builds/releases on this
aspect of PostgreSQL drivers/connectors?

I am probably skipping/missing to provide lot of info in this post. I am
not sure what other info can be helpful here other than version. The
"cautionary advice" is irrespective of platform/hardware.

Regards
Sameer

PS: Sent from my Mobile device. Pls ignore typo n abb