Re: Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: martin(dot)kamp(dot)jensen(at)schneider-electric(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Invalid data read from synchronously replicated hot standby
Date: 2016-04-21 11:56:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 04:05 , <martin(dot)kamp(dot)jensen(at)schneider-electric(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are getting invalid data when reading from a synchronously replicated
> hot standby node in a 2-node setup. To better understand the situation, we
> have created a document that provides an overview. We are hoping that
> someone might be able to confirm whether or not the setup makes sense,
> i.e., whether we are using PostgreSQL correctly and experiencing a bug, or
> if we are using PostgreSQL incorrectly.
>
> Link to document that contains a step-by-step description of the
> situation:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MuX8rq1gKw_WZ-HVflqxFslvXNTRGKa77A4NHto4ue0/edit?usp=sharing
>

> If the setup is sane (and expected to work), we will work on setting up a
> minimal reproduce that avoids our complete system. We are thinking that a
> scripted Ansible/Vagrant setup makes sense.

I am not sure if it is because of that but you are on an old patch. Upgrade
to latest (I guess 9.1.21).

Once you have upgraded, re-create the stand by from scratch using a
basebackup and then see if the error is still there.

> Best regards,
> Martin

Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com