The number of character limitation of custom script on pgbench

From: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: The number of character limitation of custom script on pgbench
Date: 2013-11-13 11:18:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

The function of custom script of pgbench allows only BUFSIZ
(i.g.,1024byte) or less as length of a SQL.
I think that when we want to bench mark with long SQL then it will difficult.
At that time even pgbench doesn't return ERROR. It will try to do
query with the broken SQL.
And user can not know why function of custom script is not work fine.
It look as just error of SQL to user.

So I'm thinking following solution.
(1) to increase buffer size
(2) to change to variable buffer size