Want to acquire lock on tables where primary of one table is foreign key on othere

From: Abhishek Tripathi <postforabhishek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Want to acquire lock on tables where primary of one table is foreign key on othere
Date: 2018-10-11 09:48:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

Dear Concerned Person,
I write this email to get the information about locking which I am not
getting from anywhere.
Actually I have acquired a "Select for Update" on a table whose id is
refrence as a foreign key on another table So I want those table won't
update until there is lock. Is it possible? Becuase postgres is acquiring
lock but AccessShare Lock which allow to write on those table How I
restrict this.

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek