Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.

From: Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
To: tutiluren(at)tutanota(dot)com
Cc: Pgsql Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump seems to be broken in regards to the "--exclude-table-data" option on Windows.
Date: 2020-07-27 06:23:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 1:06 AM <tutiluren(at)tutanota(dot)com> wrote:

> or access your database from a system with true UTF8 terminal support.
>
> I don't have a random system just lying around, ready to migrate my entire
> "life" machine to. If that were the case, this world would look very
> different from what it is, and I would have finally have an alternative to
> this nightmare OS. (No, Linux is not an alternative. I've spent the last 20
> years regularly coming back to Windows due to the neverending problems with
> literally *everything* in Linux/Unix... even considering how horrible
> Windows is. Which is quite a feat. Please don't think I'm defending modern
> Windows for one second.)

Ten years ago my first reaction would be to download msys and try the
command there. It looks, however, that the development stalled around
2008: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS
Now I read that a second generation of that is available, but haven't tried
it: https://www.msys2.org/

You'll have to quote the special characters differently, but that way of
quoting will be familiar to the majority of folks here, I guess.

--
Alex