Re: State of our hosting page

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: State of our hosting page
Date: 2012-10-13 19:05:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

>>> The page on the website is dynamically generated and can easily be
>>> added to by hosters or others. I don't see how moving to a wiki page
>>> would make it any more up to date than the current page could be - and
>>> it has the downside of moving yet another page onto the wiki which has
>>> very a poor page rank in Google.
>>

>> How do we remove companies whose information is obsolete?
>
> Email pgsql-www, or if you want to work on it for more than a one-off
> update, we can give you access to the admin interface.

In the specific case of Selena, she already has that access, since
she's a "web slave".

As for the original question, there was an idea years ago to have the
system send an emali to the companies at regular interval asking them
to reconfirm their information. It got as far as a field in the
database, which was migraed onto the new website as well I believe.
But the actual reconfirmation process hasn't been implemented yet...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/