Re: feature freeze and beta schedule

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: feature freeze and beta schedule
Date: 2015-05-05 13:57:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> > We really need to segregate the two.. By that what I mean is this: I
> > want an "always-open" "bugfix" CF, which allows us to keep track of
> > bugfix patches. Having something about "applies to versions X, Y, Z"
> > would be nice too...
> >
> > /me prods Magnus
>
> I don't really see that as a step forward. Right now there's one
> place to look at for patches that somebody wants me (or someone) to
> pay attention to, and, when time permits, I look at it. Dividing that
> up into two places is not going to make me look at them more
> frequently.

Thanks for highlighting that somebody was actually trying to get my
attention in that thread. I missed it :)

Which brings the point - this should be discussed in a separate thread,
really. It's not part of feature freeze or beta schedule... It's more about
process...

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/