Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?
Date: 2014-03-06 15:33:27
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>wrote:

> Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

> like
> the
> > >
> > > That seems most useful to me.
> >
> > Yes, because ultimately, with a lot of doc comments that come in, this
> is what I would do anyway (and in fairness, I have queued up a bunch to
> send over)
>
> So in short the "interactive" docs would go away (i.e. no comments are
> displayed), and the form in the docs/interactive/ pages would submit a
> comment to pgsql-docs, so that hopefully we merge the useful ones into
> the main text. The docs/interactive/ URLs would redirect to the static
> pages (or perhaps serve the same contents without redirecting?)
>
> Is that it?

Yes, that sums up my suggestion well.

I think the best is to redirect to static and actually add the form to the
bottom of the static pages as well. There's no need to keep them separate
if all we have is the feedback box, is there? (We could even use some
javascript magic to hide it behind a click).

We'd want the redirects to happen rather than serve up the same content,
for SEO reasons.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/