Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?
Date: 2014-03-06 15:16:39
Lists: pgsql-www

Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2014, at 3:41 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > On 3/5/14, 2:17 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Perhaps what we could do is replace them with something that works like
> >> the bug report form. So instead of submitting a comment into a static
> >> space, they turn into an email to the -docs list, which can then get
> >> discussion around it and eventually turn it into a modifications for the
> >> actual docs?
> >
> > That seems most useful to me.
>
> Yes, because ultimately, with a lot of doc comments that come in, this is what I would do anyway (and in fairness, I have queued up a bunch to send over)

So in short the "interactive" docs would go away (i.e. no comments are
displayed), and the form in the docs/interactive/ pages would submit a
comment to pgsql-docs, so that hopefully we merge the useful ones into
the main text. The docs/interactive/ URLs would redirect to the static
pages (or perhaps serve the same contents without redirecting?)

Is that it?