Re: Website stylesheet for local docs

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website stylesheet for local docs
Date: 2012-03-02 11:33:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 17:26, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 16:20, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> writes:
>>
>>> Yes, Peter made a point about preferring that back when we changed the
>>> developer docs to be on the main website (how it got worse but at
>>> least he could work on his local build).
>>
>> FWIW, I don't especially like the website style either --- it's too busy
>> calling attention to itself with colored backgrounds etc.
>
> There we go, at least two people, and people who do a lot of builds
> and checks of the docs, like the current format. So I think that's a
> good argument to keep the current format the default, and just add a
> target like my suggestion as an *option* :-)

Ok, I've applied the current version of this patch based on that it's
useful for many, but kept the default value. I've also went with not
putting the css into the tree at this point, since it's multiple files
and lots of interactions. We can enhance it with that later..

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/