Re: New email address

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New email address
Date: 2015-11-24 06:42:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Nov 24, 2015 01:05, "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:41 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Yahoo recently changed their DMARC policy, and after some
> > investigation and a support case with Yahoo, it is now clear that
> > their email systems can no longer be used with the postgresql.org
> > lists. I've migrated from kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com to kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com(dot)
>
> Something to be aware of as well: I noticed that sometimes your emails
> coming from @ymail.com were flagged as spam by gmail. People be
> careful of that if you use it.

That's a direct effect of the dmarc policy change. Yahoo no longer supports
their customers using mailing lists. They changed their policies for such
emails to hard reject, which makes Gmail (and presumably others) stick them
in spam.. It would happen to all the emails except the ones where you are
on direct cc.

/Magnus