PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2018 Open for Registration

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2018 Open for Registration
Date: 2018-06-21 08:54:47
Lists: pgsql-announce

PostgreSQL Conference Europe 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, on October 23-26 is
now open for registrations for conference attendance at
https://2018.pgconf.eu/registration/.

Early Bird discounted tickets will be available until September 10th, and
is limited to 75 tickets which is a great reason to get your registration
in early!

There will be training sessions provided on the Tuesday before the main
event, but these sessions have not yet been scheduled and are not yet
available for registration. Any regular registration made today can later
be upgraded to include training if desired.

Our call for papers is still open! If you have already submitted a talk, or
are planning to submit one, we suggest you wait to register until you have
received a confirmation if the talk was accepted or not. The early bird
rate will be available long enough for you to register after you have
received this notification - and if your talk is accepted, attendance is of
course free!

We are accepting proposals for talks in English. Each session will last 45
minutes, and may be on any topic related to PostgreSQL. The submission
deadline is August 6th. Selected speakers will be notified before August
22nd, 2018.

Please submit your proposals by going to
https://2018.pgconf.eu/callforpapers/ and following the instructions.

The proposals will be considered by committee who will produce a schedule
to be published nearer the conference date. The members of the committee
are listed on the website linked above.

All selected speakers will get free entry to the conference (excluding
training sessions). We do not in general cover travel and accommodations
for speakers, but may be able to do that in limited cases. If you require
assistance with funding to be able to attend, please make a note of this in
the submission notes field.

And finally, our Call for Sponsors is also still open. Our Platinum sponsor
slots are sold out at this time, but we have free slots at all other levels
remaining. Take your chance to present your services or products to the
PostgreSQL community - or see it as a give back opportunity. All
sponsorship levels also include one or more free entrance tickets,
depending on level.

As usual, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at
contact(at)pgconf(dot)eu(dot)

We look forward to seeing you in Lisbon in October!