Re: Review of VS 2010 support patches

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Review of VS 2010 support patches
Date: 2011-07-08 09:38:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 02:26, Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:
> [...]

Something is strange here. Did you run perltidy with the exact
parameters documented in the README file? If so, perltidy seems to be
version- or platform- dependent. I ran it, and got a slightly
different patch. It's not big differences, but the simple fact that
perltidy doesn't always generate the same result is annoying.

Can you run it again, and make sure you get the exact same diff? So
that it wasn't accidentally run off the wrong version or something?

I've attached the differences between your perltidy and my perltidy run.

I'm using (perltidy -v): "This is perltidy, v20090616"

(My plan was to just commit a perltidy run to keep that part out of
the patch for easier handling, but I'd like to figure out this
difference first..)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/