Re: pg_receivexlog stops upon server restart

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_receivexlog stops upon server restart
Date: 2012-04-10 20:07:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Friday, April 6, 2012, Thom Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried out pg_receivexlog and have noticed that when restarting
> the cluster, pg_receivexlog gets cut off... it doesn't keep waiting.
> This is surprising as the DBA would have to remember to start
> pg_receivexlog up again.

This is intentional as far as that's how the code was written, there's not
a malfunctioning piece of code somewhere.

It would probably make sense to have an auto-reconnect feature, and to have
an option to turn it on/off.

If you haven't already (my wifi here is currently quite useless, which is
why I'm working on my email backlog, so I can't check), please add it to
the open items list.

//Magnus

--
Magnus Hagander