Oracle to PostgreSQL transition?

From: Roy Anderson <roy(dot)anderson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle to PostgreSQL transition?
Date: 2013-04-04 14:16:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey all,

We have a very robust Oracle and SQL Server presence at work but we're
looking to farm out some of the load to PostgreSQL to limit costs. I'm
curious if there are any DBAs out there who have gone down this route
before. Any tips, tricks, failures, successes, etc.? I would just like to
hear some first-hand commentary on this topic.

Thank you so much!

Roy