question about checksum in 9.3

From: Mike Broers <mbroers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question about checksum in 9.3
Date: 2014-01-13 16:50:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, I am in the process of planning a 9.3 migration of postgres and I am
curious about the checksum features available. In my test 9.3 instance it
seemed like this feature provides a log entry of the exact database/oid of
the corrupt object when it is accessed, but not much else. I can't find
much documentation on anything else this feature provides.

Is there a built-in method of scanning the server to check for corruption
or will I have to wait for a corrupt object to be accessed to see the log
entry? Is there a relation that stores last checksum status or anyway of
reporting on what objects are identified by postgres as corrupt or not
corrupt?

Are there any other features of the checksum I am missing besides the log
entry?

Thanks
Mike