Re: Compile docs on ArchLinux

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compile docs on ArchLinux
Date: 2012-04-18 11:36:27
Lists: pgsql-general

> I don't think it will be solved - I reported it in november 2009
> : http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2009-11/msg00325.php
> then asked on serverfault
> :
> http://serverfault.com/questions/83206/how-to-build-docbook-4-2-docs-on-arch-linux

Thanks, I saw those posts while looking for a solution, but I was just
wondering if someone has found a trick to solve that.

> but the general idea (for now) is that I simply download ready made
> docs from daily snapshots.

Well, in my case, I need to compile the docs myself for Postgres-XC, as it
uses the same doc structure as postgres.
I am sure there is a trick able to solve that just by looking at the
structure of arch files...

Btw, I had another question:
is it possible to compile postgres docs with docbook 4.5? At config step,
it looks that only docbook 4.2 is supported.

Regards,
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com