Re: Access to current database from C-language function

From: Achim Domma <domma(at)procoders(dot)net>
To: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access to current database from C-language function
Date: 2011-07-25 20:31:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am 25.07.2011 um 14:48 schrieb Florian Pflug:

> A more low-level API is provided by {heap,index}_{beginscan,endscan}, heap_{insert,update,delete} and index_insert. However, correct handling of transactions using this API isn't easy - for example, to update a row you'd first have to find the latest version of that row, then decide if you're allowed to update it, and finally create a new version.

I see the problems with the second approach, but that's definitively what I would like to do. But I'm only interested in reading, which will hopefully make it a bit easier. Could you guide me to a starting point? Assuming my database has a table T with an index I. How do I get access to that index?

cheers,
Achim